Digital transformation has made its way into boardrooms. Although, most executives are still unsure of what it is and how to use it best. Many have even deemed it useless because they do not see immediate results from their efforts. However, if you are interested in increasing your business outcomes through Digital Transformation, this article should greatly interest you.
It has been a few years since the first wave of companies has gone digital. It seems like everyone is jumping on board this new trend by calling it Digital First, but few know how to go about it the right way. Some companies have focused on mobile; others have focused on robotics and cloud computing. But what if we are all going in circles? What if there are only so many things you can do digitally before you hit a brick wall?
We are seeing the resurgence of digital transformation because there has been a lack of clarity and direction over the past few years when it comes to going digital. Companies have tried their own thing by focusing on mobile or robotics or even artificial intelligence, which could be too much for them to handle at this point.
1. ORGANIZATIONS ARE BEGINNING TO RETHINK DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION
In a recent poll, participants were asked, “Where do you place your priorities?” based on Value-driven Business Outcomes, Developing a Culture of Change, Digital Strategic Roadmap, and Technology. Those responding to the poll concluded the priorities are in this order: value-driven business outcomes (44%), digital strategic roadmap (26%), developing a culture of change (24%), and technology (6%) as a means of support for digitization efforts.
With organizations’ focus shifting from traditional practices such as data collection and analysis to newly emerging areas such as artificial intelligence, customers have begun demanding more from an organization’s digital experience.
People’s experiences are a result of Value-driven Business Outcomes. Such as, What is it like to be a customer? What is it like to work for the company? And to do business with the company?
2. PEOPLE EXPERIENCE THREE THINGS
They are customers, employees, and partners. When you are an employee or partner of a company, you are doing your part to help create value for the whole organization. Customers see Value-driven Business Outcomes when they share their experiences with loved ones about how great their experience was with your business.
A successful argument can be made that Value-driven Business Outcomes and Developing a Culture of Change are inseparably linked. Both require people – internal and external. The question is how to deal with the difficulties of developing a culture of change without considering the challenges related to managing change. A high-level success approach includes addressing internal people’s needs and concerns while providing an effective communication channel to clarify changes taking place at work related to Digital Transformation.
3. VALUE-DRIVEN BUSINESS OUTCOMES SHOULD NOT BE YOUR MAIN PRIORITY
What is? To get the best outcome for Value-Driven Business Outcomes and Develop a Culture of Change, you need to have a Digital Strategic Roadmap in place first. A Digital Strategic Roadmap will tell you when to deploy and what technology is best for creating Value-Driven Business Outcomes and Developing a culture of change.
Technology received the least number of votes in the poll, and it is not hard to see why: it is simple to start but difficult to scale if you don’t have a plan or roadmap laid out ahead of time.
A Digital Strategic Roadmap can help bring various benefits into view, such as business intelligence. Business intelligence makes the digital strategy visible and provides great transparency to an organization. Unfortunately, business intelligence often occurs within a vacuum or scattered across different departments/units of the company for most companies. Connecting these vacuums will deliver great value to any company’s digital strategy.
4. A ROADMAP IS A STRATEGIC TOOL.
A roadmap helps you define where your company will be in the future, how it will get there, and when it will need to do so. Without one, you are left with no idea of how or why certain projects are more important than others because they all look like they should be done right now. But this would not give any consideration to the time-sensitive nature of some missions while neglecting those that may need just as much attention but can wait for a little while longer.
When Value-Driven Business Outcomes and a Culture of Change are fully understood, driven by, and aligned to a Digital Strategic Roadmap, it creates the perfect alignment that generates sustained success.
In an era where every business is digital in some way or another, sustaining success can be challenging. That is why understanding your customers’ needs and wants is crucial to staying ahead of changing trends. With Value-driven Business Outcomes and a Culture of Change driven by a Digital Strategic Roadmap, you will have a competitive advantage because your strategy will align with customer-centricity.
5. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION CAN TAKE MANY FORMS
There are a few important outcomes that should be considered. The first is increased efficiency and productivity. This increase comes from employees being able to work anywhere with minimal interruption or input of data. Second, it improves customer experience by giving them the attention they deserve when contacting your company’s customer service department with their concerns and questions. And finally, digital transformation lowers companies’ costs by making processes more efficient, so fewer resources are needed to do certain jobs like paper filing or manual data entry.
Digital Transformation is the future, and it has a lot to offer that can positively impact your business. It offers many benefits that will improve your company’s productivity and profitability. Here are ten more reasons that you should get on board now:
- The increased connectivity of the world creates an opportunity for global business expansion.
- Employees who can access information from anywhere can be more productive and successful because they don’t need to try to find time during working hours or use up company bandwidth with emails or video calls outside of work hours.
- With digital transformation comes new ways of communicating as well – whether through chatbots or messaging apps like WhatsApp, employees can communicate without interrupting one another’s workflow by sending messages during off-hours.
- Improved communication between employees in different locations.
- Increased interactions with customers through social media platforms.
- The ability to track sales data more efficiently, thanks to new tools such as CRM systems or ERP software packages (although some caution should be taken when using these).
- Increased customer retention rates by providing a better experience on sites like shopping carts or chat rooms.
- More effective digital marketing campaigns due to online ads are easier than ever before and cheap compared to TV commercials.
- Employees will have more time to spend on what they do best – improving customer service, developing strategies and plans for growth, and picking up new skills.
- As technology continues to become an essential part of our everyday lives, hackers and other malicious actors will find ingenious ways to steal information from unsuspecting consumers. A well-designed security plan with robust data encryption will help protect sensitive personal information from people who do not need it.
6. DIGITAL TRANSFORMATION IS ABOUT THE CUSTOMER
We know that your customers are people just like you: with hopes, dreams, and ambitions. But they are also looking for something different – a company in which their ideas matter as much as yours do. You might be surprised what an employee-centered company can achieve when it works together to create rich experiences for those who invest so much of themselves every day to make your business successful.
By focusing on high-value outcomes, such as people and technology.
No one knows this better than our team here at Automation Strategy Consultants (ASC). We are a leading digital transformation service provider; we have enabled many organizations to leverage technology in new ways and deliver customized solutions.
With our experts, you will transform your business with a unique approach to digital strategy. We can help you increase efficiency and reduce OPEX by 30%. You will also be able to process more work, improve employee satisfaction, and elevate data accuracy. Click this link (https://automationstrat.com/Contact) for a free consultation with one of our experts today!