Easily Achieve 90% or Greater Productivity Gains From Automation
Many organizations are contemplating starting an initiative that ends with the word Automation.
Those initiatives are some combination of Robotic Process Automation, Intelligent Automation, Hyper-Automation, and so on.
Why start an automation initiative in the first place?
It is all about productivity gains.
1. Here are 7 of the MANY benefits of Automation
- Better record-keeping
- Freeing up staff for higher-value tasks
- Reduced operational risk
- Improved customer experience
- Reduced paper use/waste
- Improved internal service levels
- Digital workforces are highly secure
2. Simple but powerful example of automation productivity gains
Consider a customer service organization that has staff members manually processing a high volume of emails from customers.
Say it takes a staff member 180 minutes or 3 hours out of their day to process emails.
When those same email tasks are automated, it could only take a digital worker or software robot a cumulative total of 12 minutes.
The benefit is a 93% productivity increase! Raise your hand if you can use that!
That staff member can now focus more on providing customers a great experience.
After that, the staff member is also in a better mood because they are not processing emails for half of their day.
Now, just think about the productivity increase when 10, 50, 100, or more staff members benefit from this one simple Automation!
It results in exponential productivity gains.
Imagine those types of Automation across your business enterprise.
This example is not hype!
In other words, this is a real-world example of productivity gains in the industry when Automation aligns with a strategic framework.
3. What are organizations thinking?
Some have decided to take a more strategic approach to Automation.
- But many of those organizations do not know where to start.
However, rather than just jumping in, organizations choose one of three approaches.
- Do nothing, which is not the best approach in most situations, OR
- Make several false starts and never really get it quite right, OR
- Take a strategic approach to their automation journey and experience success.
But when not done right, organizations start, deploy automation solutions only to discover they
- Selected the wrong processes and automation tools, or
- Did not have an effective communication channel, or
- Did not define their operating model.
The moral of the story is that the lack of preparation impacts the effectiveness of delivering automation initiatives.
Today, much of the industry news around automation technology, such as Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and Intelligent Automation (IA), can be confusing and unclear.
- There are promises of large deployments and fast ROI.
- So, why are so many organizations experiencing unmet promises?
I believe there is a simple answer.
- From the start of their automation journey, organizations have failed to identify and define the value they are expecting. Therefore, they do not experience a positive ROI from their automation initiative.
Too often, Automation focuses on such things as
- The number of software robots deployed; This type of metric is the wrong focus.
Process automation value is a much better metric.
Some organizations have a heavy focus on reducing labor hours, which is important, but there is much more to automating manual tasks that drive value-added benefits.
4. About Automation Strategy Consultants
At Automation Strategy Consultants, we create Robotic Process Automation and Intelligent Automation strategies that scale – Guaranteed!
Automation Strategy That Scales
To be fair, the definition of scale can mean something different from company to company and from one person to the next.
We define SCALE with three pillars of growth.
- Delivery volume: Ability to meet organizational demand
- Intelligence: Extending the capability of software robots with Artificial Intelligence enabled tools
- Complexity: Move from simple to complex Automation to deliver greater value
Automation Strategy Consultants help organizations realize a positive ROI by Identifying value to get all possible benefits from Automation.
The basic formula principle for calculating ROI is
- ROI = (Gain from the investment – Cost of investment) / Cost of investment
Organizations must look deeper to understand the value of their Automation initiative.
The following are key components for calculating Automation ROI in addition to the basic ROI calculation.
- Cost of automation investment
- Software licenses
- Hardware / Cloud
- Cost of staff to discover, build and deploy
- Cost to automate processes
- Cost of deployed Automation
- Cost of staff to support and maintain
- Cost of software robots (investment) performing tasks vs. humans (salary)
Our unique Strategic Framework will Produce Guaranteed Results and provide structure for tracking Automation value.
Value-added benefits of Automation are many
When automation initiatives follow a proven framework, you get:
- Solutions delivered in weeks vs. months or years that it takes for traditional IT projects
- Ability to quickly increase or scale digital staff
- 100% of data processing accuracy
- 100% compliance with governance controls
- Increased ability to collect data insights
- Clearer and more concise data analytics
If you are a decision-maker seeking enterprise-level automation solutions to deliver any of the above value-added benefits, we want to work with you.
We develop strategic solutions to meet your immediate short-term needs and a multi-year roadmap to meet your long-term future state goals.
Do you need
- Help creating a competitive advantage with Automation?
- To speed up the adoption of Automation?
- Help deploying innovative solutions that scale?
If your answer is yes to any of those questions, contact us on our website, https://automationstrat.com/contact, to schedule a free consultation to discuss how we can help you with your automation journey.
President, Automation Strategy Consultants
RPA & IA strategy that scales – guaranteed! We Partner With Organizational Leaders To Create Automation Strategies That Scale Leading To Processes That Are 10x Faster Than Manual, 100% Accurate, And With A Positive ROI Within 12 Months.